I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), and have been providing psychotherapy and presenting educational training and workshops for 30 years. I received my Master’s in Clinical Social Work from Denver University in 1979, and received my certification as a Clinical Instructor for the International Pesso Boyden System Psychomotor Institute in 2007.
I am an advanced clinician in the field of Clinical Social Work, and have trained extensively in Systems Theory, Redecision Therapy, Pesso Boyden System Psychomotor (PBSP), and Emotionally Focused Family and Couples’ Therapy.
While I use a variety of these approaches in working with individuals and couples, my clinical base is primarily Pesso Boyden System Psychomotor Therapy. I have had ongoing, hands-on, training with the creators of this approach for 23 years and continue to do so. In PBSP, you discover how the unmet basic developmental needs of your past are influencing how you think, feel, and behave in the present. Through this approach, your needs can be identified and symbolically met, allowing you to live a freer, more fulfilling and satisfying life.
I maintain a full-time private practice in Winter Park, Florida, working with individuals, couples, families, and groups. I am a Certified Psychotherapy Supervisor in the State of Florida, and both train and supervise psychotherapists. I am also co-founder of the Southern Center for PBSP, offering ongoing training for psychotherapy professionals. I recently participated in a collaborative planning meeting between Congolese Representatives (Democratic Republic of the Congo) and the PBSP Institute. Our goal was to design a training program that brought PBSP to the people of the Congo. Specifically we hope this model of therapy will help to address the trauma of the Congolese people’s experience… The foundational meetings were profound and we are very excited that the pilot training will happen in late 2012.
I am well known for my public speaking skills, and have presented at a number of State and International conferences.
I live in the Orlando area and have been happily married for 34 years, with two adult children.
My professional affiliations include:
- A member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- A member of the Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW)
- A Diplomate in Clinical Social Work
- Certified Pesso Boyden System Psychomotor (PBSP) Trainer
- Certified Pesso Boyden System Psychomotor (PBSP) Supervisor
- Certified Disaster Mental Health Provider with the American Red Cross
- Qualified Clinical Supervisor for the State of Florida
- Certified International Parenting Instructor
- Former President of the Board of Directors of the Florida Organization of Relational Studies (FORS)
- Member of International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Couple’s Therapy (ICEEFT)